Things used in this project
Talk to Tessel over a websocket connection. This is a set of basic instructions for communicating to a Tessel from Node on your computer over a websocket connection.
- Clone this repo, enter its directory and run
- Plug in Tessel to your computer.
- Connect Tessel to Wifi with
tessel wifi -n network -p password. Be sure to connect your Tessel to the same network as your computer.
- Once Tessel is connected, run
tessel wifi -lto get your Tessel's IP address.
ipAddressas your Tessel's IP address.
- In your terminal, run
tessel run server.jsto start your Tessel listening.
sh INFO Deploying bundle (95.00 KB)... INFO Running script... Listening on port 8000
- In another window of your terminal, run
node client.jsto connect to your Tessel from your computer.
sh Connected to server! You may start typing into the console.In your server window, Tessel should also note the connection:
sh INFO Deploying bundle (95.00 KB)... INFO Running script... Listening on port 8000 Accepted new connection...
- In the terminal window running the client, type something and hit enter to send to Tessel:Connected to server! You may start typing into the console. hi Server-side response:INFO Deploying bundle (95.00 KB)... INFO Running script... Listening on port 8000 Accepted new connection... Got data: hi
Congrats! You now have a websocket connection from your computer to Tessel.
If you get disconnected, close the server and the client, reset the tessel, reconnect to wifi, and try again.
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!